(Personal Information Protection Policy)
PIOLAX, INC. (hereinafter "Piolax") recognizes the importance of personal information and believes that it is its social responsibility to protect personal information. Accordingly, Piolax will comply with laws, regulations and internal rules regarding personal information, and will properly obtain, use and manage personal information handled by Piolax.
Piolax will obtain personal information in a lawful and fair manner to the extent necessary to achieve the purposes of use.
Piolax will not use the obtained personal information beyond the scope necessary for the achievement of the purposes of use without the consent of the individual concerned.
Personal information obtained by Piolax will be used for the following purposes.
- To provide information, cooperate, negotiate and execute contracts about its products and services.
- To perform operations necessary to respond to various inquiries.
- To facilitate communication between persons in charge of operations.
- To contact shareholders and perform other office management.
- To engage in recruitment activities or office communication to retired employees.
- To implement various procedures related to personnel and labor management.
- To perform operations related to (1) to (6) above.
- To implement other purposes indicated when obtaining personal information.
Piolax will thoroughly manage personal information provided by the individual in the following manner.
- (1) Ensuring the accuracy of information
- Piolax will strive to ensure that the provided personal information is always accurate and up to date to the extent necessary to achieve the purposes of use.
- (2) Security control measures
- Piolax will stipulate strict handling and management methods in its internal rules for the management of personal information and thoroughly implement reasonable measures based on the rules.
- (3) Supervision of employees
- Piolax will ensure that those who handle personal information strictly comply with the internal rules.
- (4) Supervision of trustees
- In case the handling of personal information is outsourced, Piolax will outsource the handling only to an appropriate outsourcee that meets the requirements in accordance with the internal rules and conduct necessary and appropriate supervision of the outsourcee.
- (5) Joint use
- Piolax may share the personal information it holds with its group companies (its consolidated companies and equity method affiliates listed in its securities reports, etc.) as follows.
- ⅰ) Items of personal information to be shared
- Name, contact information (address, phone number, email address, etc.), work information (company name, department name, title, etc.), date of birth, age, gender, purchase/use history of products/services, contents of inquiries, details of requests, contents of contracts, etc.
- ⅱ) Purposes of use by parties sharing the information
- Purposes stated in "4. Purposes of use of personal information" above
- ⅲ) Party responsible for the management of personal information shared
Except the case of 5(5), Piolax will not provide personal information to any third party without the consent of the individual. In case Piolax decides to provide personal information to a third party, Piolax will present the information to be provided and the purpose of provision to the individual concerned and provide such information to a third party upon obtaining its consent. However, in any of the following cases, personal information may be provided without the consent of the individual to the extent that it does not violate related laws and regulations.
- When the disclosure is requested in accordance with laws and regulations.
- When the provision is necessary to protect a person's life, body or property and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the individual.
- When the provision is particularly necessary for the improvement of public health or the promotion of sound upbringing of children and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the individual.
- When Piolax is required to cooperate with national organizations, local public entities or their subcontractors in the execution of their affairs prescribed by laws and regulations and obtaining the consent of the individual is likely to impede the execution of such affairs.
If the individual requests the disclosure, correction or suspension of use of its personal information, Piolax will respond to the request in accordance with its prescribed methods and the Personal Information Protection Law after confirming that the request is from the individual in person. However, this does not apply to cases where Piolax is not obligated to disclose, correct or suspend the use of personal information under the Personal Information Protection Law or other laws and regulations. For specific contact point, please refer to Section 8 below. A prescribed fee may be charged for requesting disclosure of personal information.
If you would like to confirm your own personal information, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact the department that was notified as the contact point when you provided your personal information.
If you do not know where to contact, please dial the phone number below or use an inquiry form found in the "Contact Us" section on the Piolax website.
General Affairs Team, Management & Planning Department, PIOLAX, INC.
Phone: +81 45 577 3880
＜Verification of identity＞
When Piolax receives a request for disclosure, correction or suspension of use of personal information, it will confirm the identity of the requesting person with a driver's license, passport, health insurance card or other certificates.
Established on May 1, 2021